Vegan noodles stir-fry is a gluten-free dish that combines a variety of fresh vegetables, plant-based proteins, and gluten-free noodles.
The Gluten Free Vegan Noodles
Traditional wheat-based noodles are replaced with gluten-free alternatives such as rice noodles, soba noodles made from buckwheat, or noodles made from vegetables like zucchini or sweet potato. These noodles provide a great texture and absorb the flavors of the stir-fry sauce and other ingredients.
The Vegan Stir Fry
The stir-fry typically includes an assortment of colorful vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, snap peas, mushrooms, and leafy greens like bok choy or spinach. The veggies add color, flavor, and great nutritional value,
The Vegan Meat for Noodle Stir Fry
To infuse the stir-fry with plant-based protein, tofu, tempeh, or seitan can be used as meat alternatives. These proteins can be marinated, baked, or pan-fried before being added to the stir-fry. We chose to pan-fry for this amazing recipe.
The Vegan and Gluten Free Noodle Sauce
The sauce really brings all the flavors together. It can be a combination of gluten-free soy sauce or tamari, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and a touch of sweetness from maple syrup or agave nectar. Additional flavorings like lime juice, chili sauce, or rice vinegar can be added for a tangy or spicy kick.
Looking for more Vegan Recipes?
Vegan Noodles (Stir Fry Recipe)
- 8 ounces rice noodles or gluten-free noodles of your choice 225 grams
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 8 ounces 225 grams firm tofu drained and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms such as shiitake or cremini
- 1 carrot julienned
- 2 baby bok choy leaves separated and washed
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or chili garlic sauce optional, for heat
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish optional
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse them with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Cook the tofu cubes in the heated pan until golden brown on all sides. Remove the tofu and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the minced garlic for about a minute until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli, mushrooms, and julienned carrot to the pan. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until slightly tender.
- Add the baby bok choy leaves to the pan and stir-fry for an additional 1-2 minutes until wilted.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the gluten-free soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, and sriracha or chili garlic sauce (if using).
- Return the tofu to the pan with the vegetables. Pour the sauce mixture over the tofu and vegetables. Stir-fry for about a minute to coat everything evenly.
- Add the cooked rice noodles to the pan. Toss everything together until the noodles are well-coated with the sauce and heated through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and garnish the dish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.