Lentil and vegetable curry is a vegan and gluten-free dish that brings together the richness of lentils and the bold flavors of various vegetables. It’s the perfect plant-based protein meal.
The lentils will provide that protein-packed base, while the veggies add a variety of essential nutrients. The curry is infused with aromatic spices like curry powder, cumin, and turmeric, creating a fragrant aroma. As the vegetables simmer in a blend of coconut milk and diced tomatoes, their flavors combine perfectly.
Lentil and vegetable curry is a versatile dish that can be served with various accompaniments. It pairs wonderfully with fluffy basmati rice, quinoa, or gluten-free naan bread, providing a complete and satisfying meal. Fresh herbs like cilantro or mint can be used as garnishes to add a burst of freshness and brightness to the dish.
Not only is lentil and vegetable curry delicious, but it’s also a balanced combination of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It’s a great way to incorporate plant-based protein into your diet while enjoying a flavorful and comforting meal.
Whether you enjoy it with a side of rice or gluten-free naan bread, this lentil and vegetable curry will nourish your body and leave you feeling good.
Are you looking for more plant-based recipes:
Are you looking for more gluten-free recipes?
Lentil and Vegetable Curry
- 1 cup dried lentils rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14 ounces
- 1 can coconut milk 14 ounces
- 2 cups chopped vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, and bell peppers
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Fresh cilantro for garnish optional
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, jalapeño (if using), carrots, and celery to the pot. Sauté until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, lentils, chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked and the flavors have melded together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and sliced green onions, if desired.
- Serve hot with gluten-free cornbread or rice.