My Impatient Foodie blog is built on a struggle within myself: When it comes to food I want to be good (I really do!), but sometimes it feels like being good is a total pain in my ass and a major time drain. I want to make food choices that contribute to my health and the health of my community, but I also have a goldfish attention span. I work. I’m busy. I travel. I like going out with friends. I live in a City built on speed and convenience. I am fragrantly impatient.
So you see, when it comes to food and eating, I have a problem: I want it all and I want it now.
- I want to eat food that is delicious AND healthy.
- I want to eat food that keeps me slim.
- I want to know where all my food comes from.
- I want to eat food seasonally and locally.
- I want to grow my own organic food.
- I want to whip up incredible dishes from scratch.
- I want this all to be fun, fast, and easy.
… Oh, and also:
- I don’t want to spend an exorbitant amount of money to eat well.
- I don’t want to spend all day ingredient hunting.
- I don’t want to move to a farm to grow my own food.
- I don’t want 1,000 dishes to clean and deal with.
Can you relate?
I’m gonna be honest: I don’t have the answers. I don’t have a degree from Cordon Bleu. But, I want to try. This Impatient Foodie blog is not a “how to”, cause I’m no Martha Stewart (not even close). Impatient Foodie is more like my open journal where I try to figure out how to be thoughtful about food without feeling like it’s taking over my entire life.
Here on Impatient Foodie I’ll share recipes that I create and dishes I discover through friends and family, I’ll also share my personal thoughts on food related issues (under the IMO section), and I’ll test out recipes and techniques to let you know if it’s Worth it or Not Worth It. And, just for fun, every week we’ll have Thirsty Thursdays – easy, delicious cocktail recipes in anticipation for the weekend curated by my friend, Noah Stein (AKA The Impatient Boozie ;).
This is not a place of judgment. This is a place where we can try to figure it out together. We’re trying.