Faux-Chipotle Spaghetti Squash And Tofu
3 cups cooked and shredded spaghetti squash
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup chopped cilantro
For the tofu
1 16 ounce package of firm tofu
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. As soon as it’s hot, add the butter. Let it cook for 30 seconds (it should almost melt completely).
- Add the spaghetti squash. Cook for 2 minutes in the butter, then add the lime, salt and cilantro.
- Toss to combine and remove from the pan to serve.
- Drain the tofu and dry with a paper towel. Slice the brick in half lengthwise and then into ½-inch thick steaks so you end up with 16 square pieces.
- Combine the cumin, chili powder and salt together in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat and dredge the tofu through the spice mixture, once on each side before frying in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, drain on a paper towel and serve immediately.